We’re looking for a Business Support Officer to join us on a 6-month fixed term contract. We’re looking for who be accountable for holistic service delivery and ensuring we deliver our promises to customers in your area. You will work as part of a local team to achieve this and hold others to account for the service they provide to your customers.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We’re at a particularly exciting point in our story, as Catalyst joined the Peabody Group as a subsidiary on 1 April 2022, before fully merging in April 2023. The new organisation will be responsible for 104,000 homes, with 220,000 residents across London and the South East of England. By joining together, we’ll go further and faster with our plans to improve our services, invest in our homes and communities and create innovative solutions to the challenges of carbon consumption and building safety.
We will continue to create and maintain great homes, whilst delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. In doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We will also be able to create great opportunities for our colleagues to develop their careers within our business, and diversity and inclusion and learning and development will continue to be priorities for the new organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Are you able to prioritise tasks and follow matters through to solution?
- Do you have experience of applying housing policy and procedures and working with vulnerable residents directly?
- Are you totally committed to delivering excellent customer experience?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Business Support Officer to join us on a 6-month fixed term basis
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Business Support Officer you will:
- Provide a responsive customer service by telephone, face to face and in writing to support the delivery of all aspects of estate services, tenancy & leasehold management including carrying out visits to residents’ homes and other locations as required.
- Process invoices and raise purchase orders accurately to support with the delivery of the budget.
- Organise meetings and customer interviews, taking minutes as required and tracking the progress of case reviews for the Customer Services Housing Management Teams ensuring that documents are stored centrally in SharePoint.
- Deliver support to the management of local offices by collaborating with the housing teams, Front of House, Health and Safety and Asset Management
- Analyse all information held to ensure it is accurate and up to date including parking, customer data, key logs, and all related administration
Deliver support to the Business Support Manager, Housing and Technical teams in all aspects of support and office teams office administration, including budgets, communications, electronic filing, Health and Safety, equipment, maintenance and cleaning and the procurement of services
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to a basic DBS check.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Flexible and agile working
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page – https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We want to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
To be considered for the role of a Business Support Officer, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.