We are looking for an experienced Electrician to complete electrical maintenance activities including installations, repairs, fault finding and testing within a domestic environment, within Connect Property Services.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have previous experience of installing, testing and repairs in a domestic environment?
- Do you hold the following qualifications: NICEIC 18TH edition or NAPIT equivalent?
- Are you a good communicator and committed to providing great customer service?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for an Electrician to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as an Electrician, you will:
- Complete all electrical maintenance activities in line with company standards and specification and within the allocated time frame.
- Ensure all works carried out comply with current wiring regulations, health & safety, environmental and relevant legislations.
- Maintain appropriate levels of van stock and ensure orders are placed with suppliers and that they comply with group specifications.
- Maintain accurate job records and report any contraventions to your line manager.
- Take ownership of issues/problems and see them through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Be respectful to customers, neighbours, homes and personal items.
- Be available for the Out of Hours (OOH) standby cover.
This role is subject to a Basic DBS check and will require a full driving licence.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- 22 days paid annual leave and will accrue an additional day of annual leave based on length of service
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 5% by us
- Hundreds of exclusive discounts and freebies from the UK’s biggest brands
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page – https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Electrician, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.