As Energy Manager for Catalyst, you will be responsible for implementing the communal energy strategy to provide effective support across the organisation. Working closely with the Sustainability team, you will ensure compliance and best performance for our energy systems.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have experience of energy systems related to the housing sector, in particular district or communal heating?
- Can you build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders?
- Can you demonstrate your ability to deliver results within an energy-related portfolio?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for an Energy Manager to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as an Energy Manager you will:
- Manage all of Catalyst’s energy-related assets, including CHP, heat pumps, solar PV and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- Understand local and national regulations and policies on net zero carbon, heating and energy and translate what the means for Catalyst.
- Effectively manage a team and build networks and partnerships across the business with teams and individuals that interface with our energy systems.
- Support the procurement process and engage with M&E consultants, designers, installers, maintenance contractors as appropriate.
- Ensure comprehensive feasibility studies are carried out for prospective communal heating plants on our new schemes.
- Deliver training to staff on the effective management and performance of our energy-related assets.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page – https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Energy Manager, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.