We are looking for a Governance Officer to provide efficient and effective governance and administrative services to the Board and its committees.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs including rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have a track record in governance or administration?
- Do you have strong communication and organisational skills?
- Are you a team player?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Governance Officer to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Governance Officer you will:
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Be comfortable working as part of a team or independently
- Have good communication skills and be confident in speaking to a wide range of stakeholders
- Have a positive, proactive approach
- Be excellent at multitasking
- Be used to working under pressure and delivering to deadlines
- Be responsible for the oversight and administration of the Group’s boards and committees.
- Be adept at proof-reading and checking papers and documents
- Have strong attention to detail and high levels of literacy
- Have good IT skills, with proficiency in Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Ideally have knowledge of Blueprint or equivalent software, but this is not essential.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is will require a basic DBS check.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- 27 days paid annual leave, increasing to a maximum of 30 days depending on length of service
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: we will contribute between 5 – 9% of your monthly salary depending on your percentage contribution
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us.
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page – https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Governance Officer, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.