We’re looking for a Governance Officer to join us on a permanent basis. We’re looking for an individual who will provide efficient and effective governance and administrative services to the Board and its committees.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We’re at a particularly exciting point in our story, as Catalyst joined the Peabody Group as a subsidiary on 1 April 2022, before fully merging in April 2023. The new organisation will be responsible for 104,000 homes, with 220,000 residents across London and the South East of England. By joining together, we’ll go further and faster with our plans to improve our services, invest in our homes and communities and create innovative solutions to the challenges of carbon consumption and building safety.
We will continue to create and maintain great homes, whilst delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. In doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We will also be able to create great opportunities for our colleagues to develop their careers within our business, and diversity and inclusion and learning and development will continue to be priorities for the new organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have good communication skills, evidencing gravitas and diplomacy?
- Are you educated to a degree standard or equivalent?
- Do you obtain the skills necessary to manage a diverse group of stakeholders from all levels from top to bottom?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for an Governance Officer to join us on a permanent basis
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as an Governance Officer you will:
- Have oversight and administration of the Group’s boards and committees. This will include arranging meetings and AGMs, preparing agendas, collating, and circulating papers, taking minutes and monitoring follow up actions.
- Act as a point of contact for enquiries about corporate governance and support the administration of incoming communications to the team
- Have a great eye for detail and will be adept at proof-reading and checking papers and documents.
- Be able to work under pressure, with the ability to respond promptly and proactively
- work collaboratively with teams across the business and will develop proactive and positive working relationships to assist in the smooth function of governance administration services.
- Be Able to deliver easy, reliable, empathetic service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers’ needs, identifying, and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Flexible and agile working
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page – https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We want to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
To be considered for the role of a Governance Officer, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.