We’re looking for Homeownership Services Assistant to join us on a 12-month fixed term basis. We’re looking for an individual who will be able to process requests from residents for resales, staircasing, right to buy/ acquire, remortgaging, registering improvements, sub-letting, assignments, lease extensions, equity loan redemptions, and similar matters.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We’re at a particularly exciting point in our story, as Catalyst joined the Peabody Group as a subsidiary on 1 April 2022, before fully merging in April 2023. The new organisation will be responsible for 104,000 homes, with 220,000 residents across London and the South East of England. By joining together, we’ll go further and faster with our plans to improve our services, invest in our homes and communities and create innovative solutions to the challenges of carbon consumption and building safety.
We will continue to create and maintain great homes, whilst delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. In doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We will also be able to create great opportunities for our colleagues to develop their careers within our business, and diversity and inclusion and learning and development will continue to be priorities for the new organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you hold a background in housing or council environments?
- Do you have a good attention to detail?
- Do you obtain excellent administration, organisational planning, and prioritising skills?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Homeownership Services Assistant to join us on a 12-month fixed term basis
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Homeownership Services Assistant you will:
- Be able to work in a rapid changing environment and to respond to changing customer needs.
- Demonstrate understanding of the regulatory environment relating to the redemption of equity loans, resales and an understanding of lease terms giving rise to approvals.
- Be personable, pro-active, professional, and able to demonstrate full commitment to exceptional customer care and service in all activities.
- Totally committed to delivering excellent customer experience – where you will embody and champion our values whilst fulfilling our service promises every day in the way you deal with customers and colleagues.
- Assist with organising and attending viewings/ events/open days/surgeries and conferences including production and distribution of marketing material when required.
- Collaborate with external contacts primarily with service users, legal representatives, and valuers, ensuring that the Group’s reputation is maintained.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to a basic DBS check.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Flexible and agile working
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 30 days paid annual leave
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page – https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We want to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
To be considered for the role of a Homeownership Services Assistant, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.