We are looking for a Multi Trader to join us on a permanent basis within Connect Property Services. As a Multi Trader, your focus will be to complete multi-skilled activities such as: carpentry, plumbing, plastering, tiling, bricklaying and decorating (as applicable) to a high standard and in line with company standards and specification whilst delivering high levels of customer satisfaction
Connect Property Services Limited is our wholly owned subsidiary of Catalyst Housing Limited, offering a full range of repairs and maintenance services to Catalyst customers’ homes, across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire and West London.
Catalyst will join the Peabody Group as a subsidiary on 1 April 2022, before fully merging in April 2023. The new organisation will be responsible for 104,000 homes, with 220,000 residents across London and the South East of England. By joining together, we’ll go further and faster with our plans to improve our services, invest in our homes and communities and create innovative solutions to the challenges of carbon consumption and building safety.
We will continue to create and maintain great homes, whilst delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We will also be able to create great opportunities for our colleagues to develop their careers within our business, and diversity and inclusion and learning and development will continue to be priorities for the new organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have previous Multi Trade experience?
- Are you able to work on your own initiative, taking ownership of issues/problems and seeing them through to a satisfactory conclusion?
- Are you qualified in the following: NVQ level 2/3 Carpentry, NVQ level 2/3 Plumbing, C&G 6219-07: Multi-skills?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Multi Trader to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Multi Trader you will:
- Ensure all work is carried out within the allocated time frame and to a high standard and quality.
- Comply and adhere to all Health & Safety regulations including PPE, COSHH and RAMS.
- Conduct yourself appropriately, ensuring the corporate code of conduct and brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Maintain appropriate van stock and ensure orders are placed with suppliers
- Ensure you maintain accurate job records and communicate all progress to colleagues.
- Be available for out of hours standby cover
- Have an awareness of manual handling, ladder safety, working at height, abrasive wheels, first aid, health and safety, electrical and gas regulations.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- 22 days paid annual leave and will accrue an additional day of annual leave based on length of service
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 5% by us
- Hundreds of exclusive discounts and freebies from the UK’s biggest brands
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page – https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We want to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
To be considered for the role of Multi Trader please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.