As a Senior Floating Support Worker, you will play an active role in delivering our support service to vulnerable people, as well as supervising a team of Floating Support Workers.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have previous experience of working in a similar role, specifically with customers with mental health issues and are at risk of homelessness?
- People skills are an absolute must, so you need to be a strong communicator both in writing and in person.
- Do you have a discreet and sensitive approach with strong professional boundaries?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Senior Floating Support Worker to join us on a permanent and part-time basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Senior Floating Support Worker, you will:
- Primarily be working with people who have mental health problem within Hertfordshire and surrounding areas, who are at risk of homelessness.
- Work closely with your team and local housing and community mental health teams to make sure the service delivered is seamless and consistent.
- Maintain accurate records on your customers, and you will complete all administrative tasks required.
- Need good IT skills and the ability to manage a complex caseload.
- Work remotely on a daily basis so you need to be comfortable visiting properties, working without supervision and occasionally out of normal hours (as required).
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page – https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Senior Floating Support Worker please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.